1. What do we get from the ocean?
“Coral reefs are essentially spawning and nursery grounds for thousands of marine animals, helping sustain many of the world’s fisheries, and are home to more than 4,000 species of fish.”
–Dr. Michael Webster, executive director of the Coral Reef Alliance
2. Think about the statement above. In your own words discuss why coral reefs are important.
3. What are some ways fishers can help themselves and the oceans?
4. Name three concerns scientists have for the future of the oceans and coral reefs.
5. What good news have scientists discovered about coral reefs?
6. Name four things can you do to protect and conserve our oceans?